After determining the front and back of the fabric, it […]
After determining the front and back of the fabric, it is necessary to determine which direction the warp yarn is in the fabric and which direction is the weft yarn. This is a prerequisite for analyzing fabric density, warp and weft yarn count and fabric structure.
The main basis for distinguishing the warp and weft of the fabric is as follows.
1. If the sample of the fabric to be analyzed is hem, the yarn parallel to the edge of the fabric is the warp yarn, and the yarn perpendicular to the edge of the fabric is the weft yarn.
2. The warp yarn is contained in the pulp, and the weft yarn is contained in the pulp.
3. The one with a high density of the general fabric is a warp yarn, and the one with a small density is a weft yarn.
4. For scarred fabrics, the direction of the scar is the warp direction of the fabric.
5. When one set of several yarns in the fabric is a strand, and the other set is a single yarn, then usually the strand is a warp yarn and the single yarn is a weft yarn.
6. If the yarn forming direction of the single yarn fabric is different, the Z twist yarn is the warp direction and the S twist yarn is the weft direction.
7. If the twist of the yarn into the yarn is different, the majority of the twist is the warp direction, and the twist is small.
8. If the warp and weft yarns of the fabric, the twist direction and the twist direction are not much different, the yarn is evenly dried, and the gloss is better.
9. Towel-like fabric, the yarn of the terry is a warp yarn, and the yarn without a loop is a weft yarn.
10. The strip fabric is usually in the warp direction.
11. If the fabric has a system of yarns with a number of different characteristics, this direction is the warp direction.
12. Leno fabric, the twisted yarn is warp yarn, and the twistless yarn is weft yarn.
13. In the interweaving of different raw materials, generally cotton interwoven fabrics, cotton is warp yarn; filament interlaced, silk is warp yarn; wool cotton interwoven, silk, cotton is warp yarn; natural silk and silk In the interlace, the natural silk is a warp yarn; in the interlaced natural silk and rayon, the natural yarn is a warp yarn.
Because the fabric is extremely versatile. Therefore, the requirements for the material and structure of the fabric are also various, so in the judgment, it is also determined according to the specific conditions of the fabric.